Saturday, December 5, 2009

Women, would you be angry with your Husband/BF for this?

We were at a community event with our children. Two big boys (like 17 and 18) were beginning a fight. A girls stepped between them and nearly got hit. Probably didn't help with all the cursing she was doing....but, I digress. I saw this at a distance. And the boys started to move through a crowd, and I could just see this getting out of control. Where innocent small children/senior citizens could get knocked down/hurt. I'm a big fella, and can handle myself. I came up behind them and bellowed (I say bellow, because my great grandfather sang oper in italy and here in the states, so I can bellow),"Knock it off" I said something else to the effect that it was a comm/family event, don't be stupid. I sent them different dircetions. She turned on me like I was hitler. "Did you even consider your son?" that was her first question. I didn't get. Anyway she says I'm an embarrasment. and that I'm all "Show". I think I've pretty much been a deliver guy all these years.



Women, would you be angry with your Husband/BF for this?regal theater



no, you are absolutely correct. you helped stop a potentially escalating and dangerous situation without using violence. in my opinion that is setting an excellent example for your son. she sounds like a drama queen just looking for something that she can nitpick at. just tell her that next time she is in trouble or scared and wants you to protect her she doesn't need to call you, cuz you're "all show" :)



Women, would you be angry with your Husband/BF for this?performing art center opera theater



YOU SAVED THE DAY, BROTHER ! ! !



And don't let anybody make less of that sacrifice than it's worth. You saved the stinkin' day.



I'm one who longs for the REAL men in public places to step forward and make the necessary show of force (or...bellow) which will maintain the peaceful context of public togethers. Our culture is sadly lacking the show of gentlemanliness in situations like this. I've even trained my daughter to watch out for guys fighting in public areas lest she get mowed down. What a thing to have to warn her about! Your timely intervention secured the peace of the afternoon's entire event. Good man. Grandpapa would've been prouder than proud that he inspired your skillful bellow. More power to you.



I guess your wife has a 'hidden agenda' that came to mind in that situation, see if she'll open up and talk to you about it. She isn't thinking that you're modeling 'protect and rescue' behavior . . . that's great for your son (or daughter), to see the right way to do it (with as much nonviolence as possible). Take the time to discuss with him what you observed, what led to your intercession, what you could have done instead (taken your loved ones home fast, called police and wait out in the parking lot), and what might've happened if nobody stopped them. Doing nothing is a clear message that we don't care (or are too scared) to stop them, and they can continually take advantage of us, the general public.



Your wife over reacted. And Valerie X is a noodle head.



I'm a quarter Italian.
No, I wouldn't be mad at him for that. It would have been different if you had started throwing punches, but to put a stop to it sounds like good common sense to me.



edited:



Maybe it was more concern on her part. What would have happened if they both turned on you? Realizing you say you are a big guy that can take care of himself, sometimes a sucker punch can do more damage than you think and they could have gotten the better of you and then your son would have seen his father getting beat up (or maybe one or both of them had a hidden weapon) or he could have seen you beating up "kids" which isn't a good thing either. That may be why she was upset. She didn't want your son to witness his father in a brawl. Luckily it all worked out so she shouldn't be mad for long.



Edited again:



I think your wife is thinking about this too hard. Even if the other kids at school do tease your son (and I don't think most would care enough to tease him anyway), I don't think it would really be malicious. I know my friends would probably tease me, but it would really be them making fun of my dad, not making fun of me. Besides that, I'm sure something more important will come up in school , (like "did you hear what so and so said and so and so or the next big party that is coming up) and they will forget about this anyway.



Really what should you do, let them beat the crap out of each other or tell them they are acting like fools? Chances are, if you didn't know them, then they don't know you are your son's father either. As you said this was a community thing, so they may have been from a different school or even been out of school. She needs to let it go. She's trying to keep something going that should have been over as soon as it was over.
No, I wouldn't be angry. The world needs more MEN like you.



While out to dinner one evening we were seated close to a table full of teenage boys using the "F" word every other word in their sentences. Because myself as well as our daughter could hear their filthy language, my husband politely, but sternly walked up to their table and asked them to please watch their language because it was disrespectful to his wife and daughter. The young men apoligized and we didn't hear anymore language come from them the rest of our dinner.



What was an "embarrassment" in your situation were the boys fighting and all of the cursing, certainly not you.



I don't understand why you were asked if you even considered your son? That makes no sense. Of course you considered your son and that's why you took action. Duh. Who turned on you and said that? I'm sorry but I didn't understand if it was the girl cursing who got in between the boys or your wife. Either way, you were right though.
i think dat u did da rite thing by breakin up da fight cause everyone else seemed too scared to say anything. and u were rite to thing of the young and old. and by u thinkin of da young u were thinkin of your child also, doesnt she know dat. cause it isnt certain who could've got hurt. it could've been you're child and u solved da problem. if she cant see dat then sumthin is wrong with her.
I dont really see why she would be mad...you were just trying to keep people from getting hurt...maybe you embrassed her thats why shes mad? good luck
hell yeah i would look it's kinda embarrising to have your parents stand up for you eccspesially when their that old. and she gets that.
I think your wife was wrong, but maybe she got scared that they would do something to hurt you or her, or the son.



Good luck w/ your wife. I hope she comes around.
Congratulations for getting involved. If it were my 18 year old son causing problems, I would be very grateful that someone stood up for the common good of the group over his incredible rudeness, of course I expect much better of my son and know he wouldn't act like that. Maybe you didn't do it the way your wife thinks you should have, but just the fact that you did something is very admirable. People like you help make the world a better place.
I could understand if you were just trying to show off or something, but this was an uncalled for fight at a family even where other people could have gotten hurt. you were right.
I am not sure how this girl had anything to do with the situation nor how you would have been embarrassing to anyone, other than the possibly the fact that she was actually enjoying getting into the fight with the boys. For show or not, there was a situation that needed to be taken care of and it did not seem if anyone else was stepping up to take care of it.
I think you did the right thing, you also showed your kids to act and not just stand around spectating when someone could be in harms way.....Good for you!!!!!
maybe she wouldn't have been upset if you just bashed the kids heads together, instead of just yelling at them. let her see you're not all show. kick her pu$$y @$$ out! girls like me love big strong men like you!
No, not at all. Those kids needed to know that someone was watching what was going on and was ready to stop any trouble. I don't get what she was afraid this might teach your kids?? To get involved when something is out of hand?? We're always trying to teach our kids that. She's in the wrong here. Hold your ground! Good luck :)
Why did she say that about your son? He wasn't involved was he? I didn't see that in your question.....I thought he was just there at the party with you and your wife. I don't think I'd be angry but I do think I might be worried, scared, or have anxiety over the situation. Perhaps that's what happened with your wife and she struck out (with words) in anger or fear. She was probably afraid it would escalate, you'd be in the middle, and your son would either be involved (if he were older and felt the need to protect you) OR witness his father getting into a fight (if he's young and impressionable). Even after all that didn't happen, she was probably still running the "what if's" in her head and as I said, struck out at you in her fear and anxiety.



You should ask her in a calm moment, once this has blown over, if she really was serious about what she said. If she says that she was serious and still feels the same way about it, then you should explain to her that you did it in part for her and your son, to keep them safe, and that that's your job (which you take seriously), not "show."



You did a good thing.
it would not bother me
Wish I had you by my side when I have to go to family reunions.



You stopped them kids from hurting them self's or someone else and that includes your son.



You can come bellow in my corner any day of the week.
no i don't think i would have gotten angry after all fights at events where there are children are not a good thing and if you hadn't have done something and a child got hurt especially if it had been your child she'd have said why didn't you do something. Saying that maybe she was just mad as you could have been hurt, at least 2 people were shot at the notting hill carnival in London last week and you never know if some nutcase has a weapon in their pocket.
what does your grandpa being a singer have to do with anything? anybody can bellow.
I would be so proud of my man for doing this.
Let them be.



This sounds like it would've been funny to see.



You think the next time either one of these idiots try and start a fight, you'll be there to save the day? Probably not.



Better they learn a lesson sooner than later - let them at it %26amp; reap the consequeses of their actions by those who are paid to control these animals.



If you want to "bellow" that bad, do it from where you stand...but instead bellow out "Hit 'em!, don't be a p-ssy!!"
You're all show.



And Italians over-rate themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel