Saturday, December 5, 2009

I have MOS questions...?

Which MOS do you think is better and why (ARNG)? 63B (Light Wheel Mechanic) or 88M (Motor Transport Oper.) I have other things I could take and could have taken like 15T but would prefer to stay out of aviation. Is 63B AIT in Fort Jackson? Where is the 88M school?



I have MOS questions...?home theatre



well, 63b will give you a good civilian job afterward. It's basically just auto machanics. It's not the most dangerous job.



On the otherhand if you're looking for danger, 88m is your gig. You'll get your CDL and if you're deployed you wont be sitting pretty on a base. You'll be out in the thick of it.



As for the location of the two schools,



Yes, 63b is at Fort Jackson



88m is Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri



I have MOS questions...?ballet theater opera theater



63B teaches you practical skills you can use outside the world of the Army. 88M teaches you how to drive stuff. Now, both of these MOS's are in high demand meaning your chances of deploying are no greater with one than the other in the big scheme of things.



In reality, if you go 63B, you'll be fixing vehicles. If you go 88M, you'll be driving in convoys. I know people with both these MOS's and they like each of them.



Hope that helps.
I think 63B would be better because once you got out you would have you mechanic skills to fall back to get a good job
I am going to give you my opinion being that I have been in the military for the past 11 years. Either of these MOS' are critical and you will probably get sent to Iraq with a unit that has them. If you don't mind that go with the 88M for the bonus. If you don't want to go or want to put it off a bit try a different MOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel